Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Still Sick

...can you believe this??...

I'm still sick, and I'm at the point where I can't even joke about it anymore. I'm at the "Coughing So Hard Chunks of Lung are Coming Up" stage of this miserable illness. It's horrible. Mr. IQ is sick now too, he came down with it two days ago. He's in the "Raging Fever" stage, and has spent the last 24 hours lying on the couch, melodramatically taking his temperature every three minutes with the Dora the Explorer children's thermometer we have. Even I was only doing this every four minutes when I was in the fever stage, although I haven't pointed this out to him yet: he's pretty cranky right now. As am I. As am I.

Our children are raising themselves at this point.

And you would not BELIEVE what the house looks like right now.

I think I have some profound insights on all this sickness business, but I can't write about them now, staring at the screen for too long gives me a headache. I just wanted to check in. A lot of people have abandoned their blogs lately, I've noticed, but I suspect this is because they're on fun-filled summer vacations and not because they've succumbed to some nasty virus like me.

*sigh*

Lucky bastards.

4 comments:

slaghammer said...

It all sounds too terrible.
It is just after 3am here and I’ve just returned from the hospital emergency room. I’m doing fine; it was for a friend who called just after midnight pleading for a ride to the ER. This was the first time I had ever heard this person ask for anything in the last thirteen years since we had met. High fever, incapacitating headache, nausea and the squirts. Most of the people I know are either sick or just getting over it. Everybody everywhere seems to be getting sick at the same time, and it’s summertime! Very strange. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Heather Plett said...

Some of us are too busy for vacations. Sigh. I guess I need to count my blessings - at least I'm not sick.

Pamela said...

knock on wood. I'm not sick - well, I'm sick of working . I would rather be on vacation.


get well soon

Jill said...

Oh, so sorry to hear that you're still under the weather. Add a sick man and two small children and it must be hell.

P.S. They make Dora the Explorer thermometers?? I'm so out of touch...