Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Birthday Poem for Me

..with explanations in italics when the deepness of my poetry gets too... deep...

Today, it was my birthday
They brought me out a cake
They said, "Hey look, Rome's burning!"
Cuz I'm old, I'm 38

It's true, the candles were many
My cake was covered with tallow!
We said, "Hey let's roast weiners!
And a fluffy white marshmallow!

I got a really good present
A fabulous CD
The surprise, it almost killed me:
I'm such a spoiled girlie

Unfortunately:

Alas, I am a'suffering
From Relapse #2
I think this means I'm dying
And soon must say adieu.

For yes, again a fever
Is raging through my bod
My throat is raw and red and sore
Like someone snacked and gnawed (*like, on my throat flesh)

This heat wave isn't helping
I'm sweating like a pig!
But morgues are very, very cool,
Ah death! Please take me: Quick!


(Wow! That was terrible! Forgive me, I'm ill again.)

(I WILL ask for a blood test this time, I WILL ask for a blood test this time...)

8 comments:

nitroglycol said...

Happy birthday! (Easier said than done when you're sick I suppose).

Heather Plett said...

Happy day-after-your-birthday!

You poem - oh so profound!

Krista said...

Happy belated birthday! GET THE BLOOD TEST! And don't forget the tears! I believe in you! :)

mmichele said...

at this point, they should be OFFERING you a blood test and just about everything else.

when you ask, remember, you should not have to ask.

so ask.

even though you shouldn't have to.

Jill said...

Oh, no fair! Being sick on your birthday??

I say it's time to call in the heavy artillary. If you have to, plop down in the middle of the medical establishment and refuse to move until someone takes it seriously. I virus should not last this long.

Pamela said...

May your birthday present be a positive response from your Doctor
and a good dose of cure.

Happy 38th to a beautiful writing lady.

And many more (posts, too)


(what have they ruled out?)

Linda said...

Happy belated birthday! Did you get the blood test?

Sheri said...

Well a happy very belated birthday to you my blog friend...July is a great month...I happened to have celebrated a birthday on the 15th of that month...good things happened in July. I hope the CD you recieved was worth the unsuspenseful wait. :)