Friday, July 27, 2007

Finally!

...the moment you were (probably not) waiting for...

Yeah, so, uh, here it is... the penis wall hanging:



Here's, uh, a close-up of the offensive middle part:


As I said in the last post, I had this thing on my wall for quite a long time before that casual and world-changing remark destroyed my idyllic vision of it. I had spent hours staring at this and never seen the damn penis: Now, thanks to that soul crusher, it's all I see.

I'm happy to say, though, that just yesterday I purchased something new to put on my wall as a replacement. Phew! Has it ever been a relief saying good-bye to that stupid purple spotted rag of perversity!! My new piece is quite modern. Although I've hunted for it, I haven't been able to find the name of the artist. It hasn't been signed. I figure it's probably a Jackson Pollock or something like that.



I'm quite excited about my new work of art. Is this a conversation starter or what?? I've never been one to get too deep about things or spend a lot of time searching for hidden meanings, yet even I can see it's a bold piece: amorphous, yet symmetrical, the basically indecipherable shape symbolizes the order in chaos and the odd predictability of this crazy little game we call life! The furrowed brows at the top, combined with the Stygian shades serve as a somber momento mori, but then the little round blobs, which represent bubblegums, help keep it playful and light. And you'll notice that even though there's no face, the big blob is wearing earrings. Honestly, I don't know what that's supposed to mean at all. That's OK, though, not everything in this world is meant to be understood. I mean, a little mystery never hurt anyone, right? All I care about is that it's not a penis wearing earrings.

I couldn't handle that at all.

4 comments:

mmichele said...

nice vagina.

i don't think the first dealie looks like a penis, however. i think you can keep it up :)

Pamela said...

it even has sperm.
interesting.

Linda said...

I've seen a few penises in my life and that doesn't look anything like the ones I've seen. For starters, the one's I've seen are not nearly as colourful. Also, there are usually 2 distinct roundish things that are part of the whole package. I don't see them here.

That art can stay right above your couch, IMHO.

Jill said...

It doesn't look like a penis to me. Looks sorta like a tulip. I say keep it, and don't worry about people with dirty minds. :)