Tuesday, July 17, 2007

RELAPSE!!! **WITH UPDATE**

....okay, we have definitely reached the WTF stage...

WTF???????

Fever: 101.1 F

Throat: More elves, more curlicue knives

Body: Chills, followed by sweaty misery

Head: POUND! POUND! POUND!

Bones: Achy

Mood: Helpless despair

Thoughts: Terribly profound

Example: "The human body is a #@%&*$!!!! prison!"

Pretty: Deep, huh?

Best part: Swallowed pride and phoned parents. They came and took care of kids and, even better, tidied the house

They are: Swell

Worst part: I worry that my blog is suffering, what with all this sickness

(I realize this is: Pathetic)

Theme song: Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood. Only I'm think-singing it with the word "relapse" instead

Actually: I can't get it out of my head, and it's driving me freaking crazy



I am going to my doctor's tomorrow to demand a blood test.

Anyone willing to bet a fiver with me that this is West Nile??

**UPDATE**

So I went to my doctor. Naturally, I chickened out in her presence, and did NOT demand a blood test. (I'm sort of scared of her.) She roughed me up a bit and gave me a hard time for coming to see her for a virus. (She's tough.) Then she ended up giving me a prescription for antibiotics. (Huh?)

The subject of West Nile was not brought up. I couldn't bear to face her sarcasm.

Perhaps this is indicative of some latent masochistic tendencies, but the funny thing is, I absolutely adore my doctor.

Go figure.

5 comments:

Krista said...

This is just not right, friend. I highly advise sobbing uncontrollably in the doctor's office. Seems to be the only way to get things done quickly with them. Don't know what it is, but medical professionals can't stomach desperate tears. (I should know, after 24 hours of fasting and 12 hours of being kind and paitent, it wasn't until I finally lost it that I got some real attention during my last hospital visit.)

Linda said...

That should not happen. Hope the doctor can find something so at least you know what you're dealing with.

nitroglycol said...

Gee, that really does suck, especially since you seemed relatively ok on the weekend. I hope whatever it is gets resolved soon.

Of course, if it is WNV, I'm not sure they can really do anything in particular, but I guess it's still a good idea to get a test so that they can have an idea what to do in the event that it gets really bad. (Which it usually doesn't, of course).

Pamela said...

yes. you need to have blood tests.
let us know.
I'm concerned.

Jill said...

Noooooo! Not a relapse!

Do you think you could have somehow inadvertently offended Zeus? I can't think of any other way to get pestilence rained down upon one's head.