Sunday, December 17, 2006

Gee, Let's Just Start ANOTHER Draft,That Sounds Like a Good Idea....

Another bad thing about not being able to post is that you have a hard time looking at other people's blogs. Because you get jealous.

Things are still pretty tense around here, but we bonded a bit yesterday as we did some late-night Wal-Mart shopping. I know, I know, I've seen the documentary, and I read Nickel and Dimed too, and I swear to you, I haven't been in a Wal-Mart for at least five years, but when someone gives you a $40 gift card for the place, I'm sorry, you're not going to take it and throw it away.

Truth be told, I was kind of excited to go. For sanity's sake, we all had to get out of the house last night anyway (as I said, the little horrors aren't sleeping these days) so we decided to use the gift card to buy H.I. a dress for her Christmas concert next week. After about five minutes in the store, That Guy wandered over and whispered in my ear, "is it just me, or are we the only ones in this place that aren't drunk?" And it was true, everyone we bumped into (and there were many because the place was totally crowded) had boozy breath. It was kind of like being in a seedy downtown bar, with lots of loaded, young people about, getting down to cheezy, canned Christmas music. Quite the atmosphere, and, in retrospect, probably the closest we'll get to a Christmas party this year.

Boo hoo hoo.

I'm still sulking over my blog. "Calm down," he said this morning, "it's not like I gave you herpes or impregnated my secretary or anything like that." (**see below)

"You don't even HAVE a stupid secretary!"

"Oh yeah," he said. Wistfully.


**Which of course begs the question: Has he been reading my blog drafts? Or been visiting the I Hate My Spouse Website like me? (And, more importantly: Do I want to know?)

No comments: