Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ugggghhhhhhhhh

...help, I'm dying....

I've got the flu. Holy crap, am I ever sick. And, just in time to fuel my world-famous hypochondria, the newspaper today listed all the symptoms of West Nile Virus. I read the list uncomfortably, while absent-mindedly scratching the mosquito bites on my legs, all 47, 000 of them. (Mosquito bites, that is; although in many ways I AM a genetic freak of nature, I don't have 47, 000 legs...) Even though I appear to have what the paper describes as a "mild case" of it, I still feel like a big bag of hell, and am pretty sure I'm dying. Mr. IQ has promised to write "Whippersnapper Snapping Snapped Snuffed it" on my tombstone, so that has been a bit of a comfort.

Update to follow when (*sob*, IF) I'm ever feeling better...

6 comments:

nitroglycol said...

Ouch. I hope you feel better soon.

Did I ever tell you the story of a movie my brother was in? It was an NBC Movie of the Week, but filmed in Winnipeg. The story of West Nile showing up in Winnipeg broke during the filming, which freaked out the director so much that the next day she showed up on the set dressed from head to toe in mosquito netting.

ccap said...

Feel better soon!

Pamela said...

Do you read the blonde blogger. she has been preliminary diagnosed with lymes disease from ticks.

I think we need to call "men in black" these insects are gaining control.

Jill said...

Agh, I HATE mosquitoes. And they like me a lot. Sorry to hear you're in the same boat. :(

slaghammer said...

I started doing flu shots maybe ten years ago and I haven’t had the flu since. Coincidentally, I wheel my nads before me in a wheelbarrow and I can’t sneeze without setting my bladder adrift. I’m pretty sure there’s no connection.

Linda said...

So sorry you're sick. It's probably some viral thing I passed on to you when I visited your blog a few days ago. You're probably feeling better already.