Saturday, June 02, 2007

Brief and Miserable Life Update

...BLAAAGHCHCH...

...oh, and some background info before we begin: 'stines is the cool slang for "intestines"... (or so I always tell my biology students)....

Oh my God, what a nightmare. The basement pipes, ostensibly fixed by the kind plumber man who came here last week, burst again. Once again, it was MY visit to the can that caused the system to overload, giving me the temporary nickname of "Mama 'stines." I resent that name.

Every half an hour or so, at least two of us are trundling off to the nearest McDonald's to use the facilities. It wouldn't be so frequent, but that damn High Intensity has got a bladder the size of a pea. (Get it?) It's quite a situation. High Intensity is getting more and more resentful of the fact that she is being taken repeatedly into a McDonald's but not being purchased a milkshake, burger and/or large order of fries. As the evening progresses, she's getting more and more vocal about her displeasure. Unfortunately for her, Daddy is quite firm about that one.

"No-one's eating a #$%*&!! THING," I believe his exact words were as he headed downstairs with a mop in his hand and a ventilator over his face, "until the @#&%*@!! plumber gets here." Rather inconveniently, he is not scheduled to arrive until tomorrow morning at ten. McDonald's closes at midnight. I think we're in for quite a night.

At least the weather isn't bad, so we can have the windows open...

(WHERE, WHERE, WHERE ARE MY PARENTS?? WHY WON'T THEY ANSWER THEIR @#$^%&!! PHONE???)

6 comments:

nitroglycol said...

It sounds like your plumber went to the same tech school as my boss' mechanic.

Pamela said...

oh ick. Still at it?

I thought I left a comment on your first post on friday -- but it wasn't there.

I was wondering if you had a septic tank or on city sewer?

cce said...

Mama stines...that's too hilarious. We are living the same life my friend - plungers and plumbing back ups and peeling paint and all manner of household failures that require our spending money we don't have on this damn house.
Sighhhh

Jill said...

Hey, what's wrong with giving everyone a flashlight and sending them out into the yard to do their business? Why yes, I DID grow up in the boonies. Why do you ask?? :)

slaghammer said...

By cracky, when I was a kid, we crapped in the yard and scraped our butts clean with gravel, or a cat if we could catch one. Kids these days are spoiled with their polio vaccines and child labor laws. I mostly blame indoor toilets for the sorry state of the world today. I long for the good old days of rampant syphilis outbreaks, mass population displacement and free-range chicken.
I do hope you get your plumbing fixed soon.

mmichele said...

are things any better?